Noosa is an incredible fishing destination that offers an abundance of fish species, from bream and flathead to trevally and mackerel. The stunning natural surroundings make it an ideal destination for fishing enthusiasts who want to enjoy the great outdoors while casting a line. With year-round fishing opportunities and world-class fishing facilities such as fishing charters, deep sea/offshore fishing tours, Noosa offers something for every angler. The easy accessibility of fishing locations by foot, boat, or car further adds to the allure of Noosa as a top fishing spot to explore in the world.
The best 9 fishing Spots Noosa has to offer:
- Noosa River – Embark on an unforgettable adventure and discover the northern end of the Noosa River as it flows into the breathtaking Noosa Everglades. This 60km stretch of river and lake system is a nature lover’s dream, the reflective mirrored waterways provide an unparalleled backdrop for fishing enthusiasts.
- Sunshine Beach – Located on the southern side of the Noosa National Park headland, just a 5-minute drive from Noosa Heads, lies an idyllic fishing spot. This is an excellent spot for anglers to cast their lines, soak in the natural beauty of the area and catch some of the best fish species the region and if you’re lucky, you might even catch some Tailor and Mulloway, particularly during dawn or dusk. Dart, Flathead, and Whiting can also be found along the beach.
- Boiling Pot – Experience breathtaking views of the Noosa North Shore and Tea Tree Bay surf from Boiling Pot lookout, the first stop on the Noosa National Park coastal track. Perched above a rocky outcrop, this lookout provides an excellent vantage point to observe surfers, dolphins, and even the occasional whale. Some species you made find here are bream, big tailor, dart, jewfish, trevally and many different species of reef fish.
- Dolphin Point – For the best chance of spotting whales, visit the Noosa National Park from June to November. You can also see dolphins and turtles throughout the year. Take a scenic walk to explore the area and discover some of the top fishing spots in Noosa’s 400-hectare park, offering breathtaking natural scenery.
- Fairy Pools– Noosa Fairy Pools on the Sunshine Coast in Queensland, Australia is a popular spot for anglers due to its natural rock pools near the ocean where bream, trevally, tailor, various reef fish, and the occasional squire can be caught. The location can be accessed via a 45-minute walk from the Main Beach of Noosa Heads in Noosa National Park.
- North Shore Beach – accessible via a 5-minute car ferry journey across the Noosa River at Tewantin, offers over 80km of unspoilt beaches, pristine golden sands, and lush forest wilderness, providing a picturesque location to explore and fish. The pristine beach of Noosa North Shore provides ample opportunities for fishing enthusiasts. The area is abundant with fish species such as bream, dart, flathead, whiting, tarwhine and river jewies.
- Noosa Spit – Located at the mouth of the Noosa River, this spot offers excellent opportunities to catch flathead, bream, and whiting.
- Sunshine Reef – A popular offshore fishing spot, Sunshine Reef offers a chance to catch a variety of species including snapper, pearl perch, parrot, cobia, spangled emperor, grass sweetlip, trout and many other species.
- Little Cove – This spot is famous for its beautiful surroundings and the abundance of Dart, Flathead, Tailor and Whiting.
Plan Your Next Fishing Adventure With Us
These options explore plenty of shore fishing options available, Deap Sea Fishing Co. Noosa can offer the ultimate deep sea/offshore fishing charters perfect for family, friend or solo adventures.
Contact us online or give us a call at 0411 222 749 to schedule your deep sea/offshore fishing trip in Noosa.